“Who am I?” Mystery Saints Activity Day, Friday 1st November
October 26, 2013 § Leave a comment
We must really thank Maria from Bunnings for another creative and memorable lesson! Kelly has put some lovely photos up so don’t forget to check them out.
This week’s activity day falls on the Feast of All Saints, 1 November.
Tanya is running this activity day and she asks that all the children “dress-up as a Saint”, but keep your Saint’s name a secret. We’ll play some games to try to work out who you are! The children (who are old enough) can research a few details about the life of their Saint, such as:
- When their Saint’s feast day is
- When their Saint lived (ie. birth and death)
- The country they were from
- Their Saint’s family background (ie. how many children in family, what parents were like)
- What did they do to help make them a Saint?
- What miracles were associated with their life?
- Did they start/help start an order?
- What are they a patron Saint for?
The children can also include a few symbols in their costumes to serve as a clue (eg. palm or cross to show they died a martyr, lily for purity or virginity etc.)
There will also be a prize for the best dressed Saint and for the Saint who no one can guess. Everyone who dresses up as a Saint will receive something!
It should a great way to together celebrate All Saints Day! I hope you can make it.